Our enhanced online provider directory, accessible via amerihealthexpress.com, now gives you additional tools to help make informed decisions about your provider options.
In addition to office hours, office locations, and a physician’s hospital affiliations, members will be able to learn more about a doctor's medical education and board certification status through links to information provided by HealthGrades, Inc.
AmeriHealth is making this information available to members through an agreement with HealthGrades, Inc., a leading independent provider of health care quality ratings. HealthGrades provides ratings, information, and advisory services to health care providers, employers, health plans, and insurance companies.
With the Hospital Quality Guide, you can view the following information on individual participating hospitals or make comparisons between multiple participating hospitals:
- statistics on survival, complications, and recovery following common hospital procedures;
- the number of procedures performed by the hospital;
- ratings on safe practices provided by The Leapfrog Group;
- data on the average length of hospital stays for common procedures;
- relative cost data.
The Physician Quality Guide includes information on:
- medical education, training, and licensure;
- board certification and specialty training;
- foreign languages spoken;
- sanctions/Medical Board actions.
HealthGrades is only available to members through the amerihealthexpress.com member portal. Log in or register now to view HealthGrades data.